The most frequent issue that many homeowners have is a clogged toilet. It can be annoying and inconvenient, particularly if your home only has one bathroom. A seriously clogged toilet may overflow, resulting in water damage and unhealthy conditions. We’ll talk about how to clear a seriously clogged toilet in this on-site blog and avoid it happening again.
Causes Of A Badly Clogged Toilet
- Flushing Inappropriate Items: Seriously clogged toilets might result from flushing improper objects, including paper towels, feminine hygiene goods, and baby wipes. These objects don’t degrade like toilet paper, clogging the pipes.
- Hard Water: Mineral buildup in the pipes from hard water might result in clogged toilets.
- Improper Drainage: Slow flushing due to poor drainage can result in a seriously clogged toilet.
How To Unblock A Badly Clogged Toilet
A plunger is the first and most straightforward way to unclog a toilet. Strenuously pump the plunger up and down over the drain hole in the toilet bowl. This produces suction, which aids in removing the obstruction. Until the toilet flushes correctly, repeat the procedure.
Hot Water and Dish Soap
Pouring hot water and dish soap into the toilet bowl is another way to unclog a toilet. For the obstruction to be cleared out of the pipes, hot water and soap are used. Before attempting to flush the toilet, let the liquid stand for a few minutes.
Use a plumbing snake if the plunger, hot water, and soap technique do not work. Turn the snake clockwise after inserting it into the drain hole of the toilet bowl. This aids in removing the obstruction and enables the passage down the pipes.
Preventing A Badly Clogged Toilet
- Proper Flushing: Do not flush anything other than toilet paper. Keep things like paper towels, feminine hygiene goods, and baby wipes out of the toilet.
- Regular Maintenance: Maintaining your plumbing system might help avoid a seriously clogged toilet. To ensure your plumbing system is operating correctly, have a professional plumber evaluate it every few years.
- Water Softener: Installing a water softener can prevent mineral buildup in the pipes, reducing the risk of a clogged toilet.
- Quick Action: If you notice that the toilet is not flushing correctly, take immediate action. Do not continue to flush the toilet, as this can lead to a badly clogged toilet. Use a plunger or hot water and dish soap to clear the blockage.
To avoid the messy and inconvenient results of a seriously clogged toilet, use these simple measures to unblock your toilet and keep it from recurring. Don’t flush anything other than waste—and maintain your plumbing system regularly so that problems are less likely!
At New Flow Plumbing, we’re here to help you solve your plumbing problems. We offer high-quality, affordable services that will keep your home running smoothly! We provide sewer camera inspection, drain cleaning, trenchless sewer repair, and more. Our experienced and licensed professionals are here to make your life easier. Call us today for a free estimate!