Fixing a damaged sewer line is one of the most common yet serious responsibilities of home ownership. A service such as a trenchless sewer repair costs about $80 up, depending on the severity of the problem found in the sewer line.
Unlike most repairs, sewer issues can’t be delayed because the all-too-common symptom for a broken sewer line: a pungent sewage smell that may be intermittent or constant is more than most people can deal with.
Signs of Sewer Backup
Leaking sewage also poses a health risk since it drains into surrounding soil and may even end up in the city water supply, depending on your water table. If you do get that awful smell in your home, first test your main plumbing fixtures. A toilet that won’t flush is a pretty good indicator that there is at least a clog in the sewer line.
Run the bathtub and shower taps to see if they are draining properly; if water starts to back up, there’s a problem somewhere in the pipes or sewer line. Contact a reputable plumber right away. There are other, less subtle indicators of sewer line problems. Basement flooding is one, particularly if flooding occurs each time it rains.
Another is the washing machine draining into the toilet, tub, or shower. Don’t let the lack of smell hold you back from calling an emergency sewer repair in Citrus Heights because water-related ..problems can quickly escalate into serious damage including mold.
Diagnosing The Problem
Plumbers determine where damage lies by inspecting drains through snaking a video camera down the pipes and out to the sewer line. If the damaged piece of line exists outside your property line, the bill goes to your homeowners association or municipality.
But if it’s within your property, you pay. Trenchless sewer line repairs used to be a very messy job. A professional sewer repair in Citrus Heights would call in contractors with backhoes to dig up the driveway or yard so that they could get to the problem area and replace the affected lines.
The Process Of Trenchless Sewer Repair: How It Really Works
Homeowners hated this. In addition to the sewer line repair, they were now facing additional costs to repave their driveways and/or landscaping. Trenchless, or slip lining sewer line repair, is a less invasive way to fix a broken line and here’s usually what a sewer repair in Citrus Heights is done:
- Only one hole is dug at the home to access the damaged area (another is dug at the city’s main sewer line), so there is no trench to spoil the yard or driveway.
- A new pipe is inserted down the hold and into the old pipe, which is then burst and dragged out. This method, called pipe bursting, is most often used in residential areas.
- Another trenchless method, pipe lining, needs only one hole. A licensed sewer clean in Roseville plumber inserts a flexible, resin-coated tube into the damaged pipe and inflates it.
- As the resin hardens, it creates a new pipe inside the old one. This method is not feasible for every situation; an experienced plumber can evaluate if it’s a viable option.
Minimizing Sewer Line Problems
You can avoid sewer problems with the helpful hints below:
- Because tree roots grow toward water sources and can eventually rupture sewer lines, remove trees with deep roots near your home. Be sure to dig out the roots.
- Find out where the sewer line exists.
- Don’t plant anything near it.
- Don’t pave over it.
- Don’t park over it-the additional weight can damage the line.
- Don’t flush anything down the toilets other than human waste and toilet paper. This includes biodegradable products.
- Don’t pour grease into drains.
- Flushing copper sulfate down the toilet will kill tree roots growing near the sewer line.
If your sewer line has been giving your home a lot of problems and there’s nothing else you can do about it, simply contact a professional sewer clean in Roseville as soon as possible for expert assistance.
Trenchless Sewer Repair Saves A Lot Of Time And Money
The sewer line is the most important part of a house, which manages the entire drainage system. If the sewerage line breaks down, you can be in a lot of trouble. All the mess of your home will not get drained out properly, exposing you and your family to a lot of bacteria and germs that may affect your health. It is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to get sewerage leakage problems fixed, so find a reputable sewer clean in Roseville for an expert service.